- Roma tomatoes (or simple cherry tomatoes if not too small)
- A mix of fresh sage, rosemary, thyme, oregano
- One garlic clove
- Olio Extravergine di Oliva
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them in half.
- Place them in a bowl with the chopped herbs, crushed garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil (use enough oil as you would do when dressing a salad) and let them rest for at least 15 minutes
- Place the tomatoes cut side down in a big non stick pan (I sometimes use a cast iron skillet for some crispiness and added smoked flavour, but the tomatoes will likely get a little burnt)
- Let the tomatoes cook uncovered for 10 minutes on medium heat without moving. If tomatoes are very watery remove the water using a lid, repeat few times if necessary (tomatoes take little time to cook and if you let them sit too long in their water they will get too soft.)
- Remove tomatoes with a spatula and use them as appetizers with focaccia and olives or as your sauce with spaghetti.