In the coldest days of the year a hearty soup is all you need to uplift body and spirit. This one is simple and quick- for best results use dried porcini mushrooms: I really like their smell and taste of alpine woods!
Ingredients for 4 people:
cauliflower 400 gr
potatoes 200 g
leek (white part only)200 g
vegetable broth or salted boiling water
dried porcini mushrooms 30 g
extra virgin olive oil 2 tbsp plus some for drizzling at the end
garlic 1 clove
- Cut the peeled potatoes, leeks and cauliflower into small pieces and cook for 15-20 minutes along with just enough vegetable broth or salted water to cover the vegetables.
- Once cooked, reduce vegetables in a cream with the help of an immersion hand blender and keep warm.
- Meanwhile soak the mushrooms in warm water for half an hour.
- Heat the olive oil with the garlic in a pan and add the mushrooms after they have beensqueezed a little of their filtered water. Sauté for a few minutes.
- Serve the cream by adding the crispy mushrooms and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- You can also add grated parmesan cheese and toasted bread cubes just before serving.